Sunday, May 8, 2011

BRIDESMAIDS!!

Hey girls!! In less than 2 months I'll get to see you and I'm so excited! The wedding is really coming together. There will be some last minute things to take care of, but they're little things.

I hired a makeup artist to do our makeup, and my dad is flying in our fabulous family friend Cade and his partner to do our hair! They were stylists of mine and Faith's when we lived in Kansas and they became friends of ours. Apparently Cade and Dave now do "Event Hair" and they were so excited about the wedding, so my dad offered to fly them out if they'd do our hair. Now we'll all have pro makeup and hair! Awesome!

I sent a text out a little while ago suggesting that alterations to the dress didn't just have to be for size fixes. Fitzlippo turned hers into a SUPER SWEET-fantastically theme friendly version and I wanted to share. All of you can do this, or do something similar. She's got her shoes on too and she added the baller Fedora. If you all want to do a Fedora, they're $10 from walmart if you don't already have one (or know where to get one). I really like the look and if you all want to wear them, we'll have you wear them during the ceremony too. If not, we'll keep all head gear (ie hats) off til after the ceremony.


3 comments:

  1. I like Fitz's alterations. I like the overall look the Fedora adds to the dress as well, I think it goes well with the converse. Question though. If we wear hats, and get our hair done, won't it cover it up? Or is there a way for both? Either way I'm down. :)

    -Sara Freeman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not trying to make more work for you ladies, I just wanted to lengthen mine a bit but stay in the punk theme. I'm planning to do the same for Sara, and I'll gladly sew it for any of you if you can get your dress to me before the wedding. I bought black and purple tulle and sewed them on in two layers, it took under an hour to do and the fabric was about 7 bucks.
    Also, I have no preference regarding the hair/hat question.

    -Fitz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to said that you really choose a dress suitable for you, and i think if you match a Leather Hobo Handbags black at http://www.cwmalls.com, that's really perfect, just do it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Copyright Welcome To... 2009. Powered by Blogger.Designed by Ezwpthemes .
Converted To Blogger Template by Anshul .